- Georgetown Rosslyn Gondola Coalition formed.
- Gondola presentation shared with public in variety of forums.
- Draft financial plan completed.
- Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) estimated to cost between $1-3 Million.
- DC Council appropriated $250,000 to begin the EIS in FY18, placing the project in the office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED).
- Georgetown University pledged $100,000 towards the EIS
- The Georgetown BID pledged $100,000 towards the EIS
- Rosslyn and Georgetown business communities pledged $60,000 toward the goal of $300,000 for the private sector contribution to the EIS.
- The Federal City Council assumed the lead role in coordinating the public private partnership to plan and develop the gondola.
- Project sponsors actively met with the District Department of Transportation and the Federal Transit Administration to discuss ways to move the project forward.
- A multi-party MOA was drafted to outline roles and responsibilities of gondola project sponsors and organizers.
- Consultants were hired to further study and coordinate planning and entitlement activities.
- A steering committee was formed to coordinate the next phase of planning activities